How yesterday should have gone:
- Smooth 8:10AM flight from MA to NJ
- Receive cool rental car from Avis
- Find cute little coffee shop to do work for an hour
- Celebration luncheon + a few drinks with my fellow conference planning committee
- Catch my 4PM flight from NJ back to MA
- Be awesome at life
How yesterday REALLY went:
- Quite possibly the most turbulent flight I've ever experienced in my life, can't count how many times I almost reached for the vom bag
- Receive a PRIUS for a rental car <--UGH
- Drive around trying to find a coffee shop for 20 minutes, finally settle with a Starbucks...in Target
- Celebration luncheon + a few drinks with my fellow conference planning committee <--one of the only things that actually happened how it should have
- Drive around Trenton airport aimlessly for 30 minutes trying to find the terminal. Hey, TTN, legible signs would help. Thanks.
- Cell phone with my GPS dies during aimless drive through airport.
- Arrive at 4:02PM to find out my plane has already departed <--FML #1.
- There are no other flights taking off that night <--FML #2.
- There is an Amtrak train leaving from downtown Trenton at 6:30PM but won't get to MA until almost midnight <--FML #3.
- Rental car company has a one-way rental available...and it's NOT the Prius <--WIN!!
- Drive through NJ + NYC at rush hour <--FML #4
- Arrive home in MA at 10:30PM.
A whole lotta FML's. Oh, and maybe a mental breakdown at the Trenton airport. That might have happened...